Anonymous said: I not a huge Katy Perry fan but I see that a lot of people have been saying that Katy Perry is racist can you explain why
I sure can
All right here we go, Katy Perry is an appropriative insensitive asshole. She appropriates other cultures in many of her performances and uses Women of Color as props while she does so. It’s super fucked up. Let’s go on a visual tour.
1) Japanese/East Asian appropriation. At the AMAs, Katy Perry performed in this “sexy Geisha” get-up, which is a hyper-sexualized really inaccurate kimono-type… thing… with leg slits and pieces that actually look more Chinese than Japanese. Not that it matter because, like, aren’t they like basically the same thing lol? No. And of course all her backup dancers are dainty East Asian girls in inaccurate makeup, as flowers fall onto their bamboo parasols.
2) Black/African-American appropriation. A live performance where her outfit, inspired by Egyptian symbolism, is not even a problem compared to the horrifying mummy dancers chilling around her. This what what she’s reduced black women’s bodies to. Big asses and huge tits and large mouths and nothing else. Worst of all, those costumes could be worn by anyone. You can’t even see who her dancers are. So there’s probably a bunch of white people in at least some of those costumes. Not that it makes it much worse. Look at this shit.
3) Black/Egyptian appropriation. ANCIENT EGYPTIANS WERE BLACK. Or at the very least, they were pretty dark brown. They weren’t white, at any rate, not that any white historian will readily admit it. It’s gross and racist for white people to dress up like ~Ancient Egyptians~ when most of history has done all it can to erase the fact that ancient Egyptians were black. That’s why all their noses are smashed on the statues we have now. You think it’s because of poor workmanship? It’s not. The workmanship was superb; these statues were meant to last through the afterlife, you know? White archaeologists have destroyed the faces of ridiculously old statues to erase positive blackness from history. It’s fucking racist as shit for her to dress up this way. But wait, look at the second picture. A diamond-studded “grill”. Even better.
4) Black/African American appropriation again. Appropriating Black hairstyles is fucking racist as shit. I’m not explaining why. You should know why. I’ll be very disappointed if someone asks me why. Also, this isn’t racist, but those bleached/shaved/whatever eyebrows? It looks hideous and I’m pretty sure it’s popular because of Iggy Azalea, who is another disgusting racist.
This is why Katy Perry is a racist shitlord. The end.
i want to live by the ocean but also in the forest but also in the mountains but also in a big city but also in the countryside u feel me
You’re thinking of Cali
The Pacific Northwest Region is good for that.
- that moment when one of your friends starts reading/watching something you’re obsessed with
- and you turn into a total freak
- WHERE ARE YOU AT
- WHO’S YOUR FAVORITE
- DO YOU SHIP MY OTP
- DO YOU HATE CHARACTER X HE/SHE/IT IS A BITCH
- WHAT PART ARE YOU AT NOW
- DO YOU LOVE MY BABY
- TELL ME ALL YOUR THOUGHTS